Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the next steps to book the ballroom?
- The next steps to booking your event at the Carlos Ballroom is to receive a detailed proposal from the Account Executive. This will outline the estimated costs for your event based on the details we know at this time. Please be as detailed as possible during this process to avoid additional charges in the future. Once the proposal has been agreed upon by both parties, a contract will be issued.
- Please note that a written, or verbal, proposal is not a guarantee that we will be able to book your event. Our catering services are confirmed when you sign a contract and pay the 50% deposit. Our event calendar can change very quickly, especially during the busy event season. We encourage you to secure our services with a contract and 50% deposit. The details of your menu and event can be worked out at a later planning meeting. It is not uncommon for us to close dates and we do not want to disappoint you.
- It is HIGHLY recommended that you do not commit, sign contracts or pay deposit to any/all third party vendors (i.e. Decorators, DJs, AV Companies etc.,) until you have submitted the signed contract and 50% deposit to the Account Executive.
- Are outside caterers allowed?
- Yes, they must provide a valid business license and a Certificate of Insurance
- There is a $1,500 outside catering fee
- Outside caterers must provide all equipment and staffing for the meal service
- Outside caterers are not permitted to handle any aspect of venue management or alcoholic services. All bar equipment, Bartenders, Venue Manager, Stewards, Security and Housekeeping must be coordinated through Proof of the Pudding
- When are site visits held?
Site Visits must be scheduled and booked with the Account Executive. Walk-Ups/Ins are not permitted.
- Can I provide my own alcohol?
Yes, all alcohol must be provided by the client. Proof of the Pudding will service the bar with their bar package and bartenders. If alcohol is being served, a security officer will need to be hired at an additional cost.
- Are there additional staffing charges for the Venue?
Yes, every event must have a Venue Manager present from Move-In to Move-Out provided through Proof of the Pudding. Depending on the event, additional staffing may include security guards, housekeeping, bartenders and barbacks. Any outside caterer is responsible for all other event staffing and equipment.
- What set up, event and breakdown time am I given for my event?
- Room Rental includes 2 Hours for Move-In Hours, 4 Hours for the Events and 1 Hour for Move Out
- Additional Event Hours may be purchased for $350 per Hour.
- A minimum of four (4) hours for additional Move-In Hours may be purchased for $250.
- Additional set up time can be added beyond the 4 hours for $50 per hour. *Additional Staffing Charges apply for any/all additional hours.
- Is the rental rate increased for the Holidays?
No, the rental rate remains the same, but staffing charges will increase.
- Is there a discount on the rental?
Yes, room rental is discounted if you use Proof of the Pudding as your caterer for the event.
- Is parking available? Is it free?
Yes, parking is free with 300 available parking spots
- Is Wi-Fi available?
Yes, Wi-Fi can also be set up with a special password for your event.
- What is the latest an event can go to?
The latest an event can go is 12am, with a 1 hour move-out. The building must be cleaned and cleared of all guests and vendors by 1am.
- Are tables and chairs included in the rental rates? How many are available?
- Yes, tables and chairs are included in the rental rates
- The Current inventory is:
- 50 – 72” round tables
- 10 – 6’ tables
- 500 padded ballroom chairs
- 3 – 30” round tables
- 3 highboy tables
- Is the venue accessible and comfortable for those with limited mobility?
Yes, there is handicap parking available, sidewalk ramps, elevators and handicap bathroom stalls.
- Is there a freight elevator or convenient path to transport any equipment
needed for the space?
No, there is not a freight elevator as everything is on the ground floor. The loading dock has double doors into the service hallway and an easy path into the ballroom.
- Are the bathrooms single use or do they have multiple stalls?
Both male and female restrooms have 7 stalls and multiple sinks. There is one large handicap stall in each restroom.
- Does the venue have AV capabilities?
You will need to provide all your own AV needs. There are several local companies that have worked in this venue before. Please ask your account representative for some options.